11.19.2009

half days

remember in k-12 school, when half-days were the highlight of the month? those extra special early release days when you didn't really have to do much, except show up, play a few games because there wasn't enough time to do any "real" work, and then go home? i loved half-days... and still do!
i had the pleasure of working a half-day today... or maybe it was a half-work day... or most likely of all, it was both. because my work requires an 8-6 sort-of shift, i would technically be working about 45 hours per week. but, since i am supposed to stay within my full-time allotment of 40 hours, i was able to work 8-1 today! and since i was anticipating my vocational liberation this afternoon, i had already mentally checked out for the few work hours that i did have.
so, hooray! hooray for half-work half-days! i earned it.

1 comment:

  1. Only slacker schools have 1/2 days. I had full-on full days. But then I did go to a school of short-busers and I ended up sat in the corner more often than not.

    ReplyDelete